Here is a list of some apps to consider using on your phone or tablet! Many also have website versions.
- Duolingo: Helps with speaking, listening, reading and writing. Each level focuses on vocabulary, or verb tense, or a grammar concept. You can set a daily goal with reminders to keep practicing
- BrainPop ESL: Watch a video, review vocabulary, grammar. Play flashcards, and test out in the end. Best for elementary learners
- Futaba: For elementary learners, offers multi-player games. Includes word games, puzzles, alphabet game, and numbers
- FluentU: 6 levels from Newbie to Native. Watch a video, has option for subtitles, review exercises for vocabulary and grammar. Can test out of each video. Also has complete vocabulary lists i.e. Complete PET vocab list. Includes listening, reading, writing
- Memrise: Includes mini lessons on many topics i.e. Irregular verbs, idioms, visual dictionary. Can be personalized for all levels. You can set a daily goal with reminders to keep practicing.
- English Central: Watch videos and complete vocabulary and speaking exercises. Lots of different videos on many different subjects.
Have fun! Let us know in the comments if you have any other favorites! 🙂